Mobile Auto Glass Repair Denver
What You Should Know
Some auto glass technicians work out of a shop and others prefer to take their expertise on the road! For over 20 years, Professional Auto Glass has been providing expert mobile glass repair & replacement services in Denver and surrounding cities.
When you call Professional Auto Glass, we’ll replace or repair the windshield or other glass on-site at either your home, office or on the road. Your safety is our top priority.
We ensure that you get a top-notch mobile repair or replacement…wherever you may be!
Mobile Windshield Repair & Replacement
The Mobile Windshield Replacement Process
A windshield replacement not only restores the safety of your vehicle but it’s original beauty. When setting up your complimentary windshield replacement appointment, we will discuss whether mobile windshield replacement or mobile windshield repair will be the appropriate choice for your specific circumstance. What you might think is a complete replacement could very well be a repair job. For example, a windshield crack that is smaller than a couple of inches may indicate that your windshield can be repaired.
This is a brief overview of what you can expect from the windshield replacement process.
- Remove the damaged windshield in preparation for replacement. Step one is to remove the damaged windshield. In order to remove the windshield, we will need to break the seal that is holding the glass in place to easily and safely remove the broken windshield. With your old windshield removed, the rest of the procedure can take place.
- Prepare the vehicle for installation. Next, the vehicle will need to be prepared for the installation process. We will carefully cut away any trace of the old molding and the wipers are carefully removed. Once removed, the windshield installation area will be stripped down to the metal frame. New adhesive may then be applied to the glass, which will guarantee that the seal is reliable and solid. The vehicle frame will receive a coating of a urethane adhesive before the new windshield is carefully placed into its new position, and the wipers, molding, and cowl are replaced.
- Installation of the new windshield. Now it is time to install the new windshield. The new windshield will match the exact dimensions of your previous windshield. When placing your new windshield, we will use an adhesive to set the glass into place. New molding will be installed around the windshield. After the windshield adhesive dries, your vehicle will be ready to drive. In most cases, the vehicle should be safe to drive again in just a short hour.
Learn more about mobile windshield replacement vs mobile windshield repair here.
The Mobile Windshield Repair Process
Not all chipped or broken WINDSHIELDS need to be replaced. Depending on the type and size of the break, some windshields can be repaired. Our professionally trained team of auto glass technicians can evaluate your windshield break to determine if it can be repaired or if it requires replacement. All of our auto glass technicians are trained in proper installation procedures for all domestic and foreign car windshield replacement and repair.
- Assess the damage. Windshield damage falls into two basic categories – chips or cracks. Cracks are normally the expansion of a previous chip but can also be caused by stress between the glass and the frame of your vehicle.
- Completely clear the damage area debris. With the area clean, windshield repair resin is forced into the damaged area until all the voids are filled.
- Curing process. Heat is applied to the repair resin to begin the curing process. After curing between 20 and 45 minutes (depending on the damage). Your good-as-new windshield is ready for the road.
Mobile Back Glass Repair & Replacement
Unfortunately, if broken, the back glass will have to be completely replaced. Why? Back windshields are made from tempered glass which is designed to shatter everywhere when broken. But instead of shattering into sharp shards, it is designed to shatter into tiny, sand-like pebbles. This helps prevent glass-related injuries.
What makes the back windshield different?
Tempered glass. Tempered glass which is designed to shatter everywhere when broken and must be replaced.
A defrost grid. This defrost grid is designed to melt ice and snow off your back windshield. This simply means that it typically takes more time to install a back windshield.
Mobile Side Glass Replacement
If you find that your window has minor damage to it, like chips and cracks, you can actually opt for repair instead of side window replacement.
In most cases, damage to your side door windows will often require replacement. Most damage to side windows is too large or severe to repair and must be replaced.
Your first step should be to contact Professional Auto Glass and have an expert assess the damage.
The biggest concern you should have about side window damage is that sometimes they end up structurally weak and can quickly become a safety concern. In this case, it is best to have it replaced as soon as possible.
When you call on us, we can discern upon close inspection just how severe the damage is and whether or not repairing is better than replacing for such a window.